Monday, August 15, 2011

Nothin' In the Fridge - Almay Makeup Remover Swabs

When you opened our fridge, we had some mustard, pickles, one peach yogurt, two slices of American cheese and some lemon juice. I guess I'd held out long enough.

So, off to the grocery store.

I actually don't mind going to the grocery store when I have time. But after two long weeks at work (and mornings when I rose before the blue jays*), it just seemed like there was never a good time. But today, there was finally time.

*We have the most irritating "nature" outside of our bedroom window in the Ewok village. Every morning in the summer, the birds go absolutely insane verbally abusing each other (or us?) squawking/screaming/cawing/etc. This is not the nature you read about in books, this version of "nature" will put you over the edge.

Turns out, everyone else on the planet thought this was the best time to shop too. There were MILLIONS of people slowly scoping out the perfect bananas and tomatoes, thousands pondering their coffee blends & grinds, and hundreds of uncomfortable folks choosing between Fiber One and Special K. And everyone single one of them had a giant cart in the middle of aisle and no idea that the store was crowded. So that was really fun.

Anyway, besides PP's standing Cheddar Chex Mix request, he asked me to pick up some deodorant (gladly!). So I wandered through the men's deodorant section. After getting an Old Spice variety (feels like every guy I know uses Old Spice something or other, true?), I came across these.
  • Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks Under $6
    It's a cotton swab filled with Almay eye makeup remover. Brilliant. You snap off one end, and the remover soaks down in to the opposite end. Then you swipe the saturated end over your eyelid.



Does anyone else wake up with raccoon eyes? Even when I wash my face, and swear that all the makeup/mascara/eyeliner is gone, somehow it still manages to sneak down on my lower eye lids the next day and I have to use remover to get it off again.

For most days, when I'm home, I can use a Q-tip dipped in remover to get the black junk off, but in the car, before an after-work event, on the road, or traveling, these remover-filled swabs would be perfect. No need to take your big bottle of eye makeup remover with you. And even better, it's one less thing you have to worry about exploding in your suitcase or makeup bag. 

While it won't help us make a meal, this was by far the most exciting thing I picked up at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...